[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]BE IT ORDAINED by the Council of the City of Marion, Illinois,
Section 1. Natural yard waste (leaves, lawn clippings, small limbs) may be burned within the corporate limits of the City of Marion during daylight hours between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
1. Only on the premises on which such yard waste is generated or fallen upon.
2. When atmospheric conditions will readily dissipate contaminants.
3. If such burning does not create a visibility hazard on roadways, railroad, or air fields.
4. No burning shall be left unattended.
5. No burning shall occur on a city street.
6. No burning shall occur within 20 feet of a residence or building.
7. No domicile waste “garbage” or agricultural waste shall be burned.
8. No building materials shall be burned at any time including sawn lumber.
9. No one shall burn at any time the wind velocity, to a prudent person, is such as to cause the burning to be a hazard to life or property; a violation of this paragraph shall be presumed if, but not limited to, burning leaves is blown from the immediate area in which it is being burned, atmospheric conditions allow contaminants to be blown on to the property of another causing both damage to real property and creating a nuisance to another person(s).
Section 2. Recreational fires shall consist of the burning of fuels for a legitimate campfire, recreational and cooking purposes, or in a domestic fireplace, in areas where such burning is consistent with other laws, provided that no garbage shall be burned in such case.
1. Fire shall occur in a cleared open area, and area shall be no less than a 20 ft. radius.
2. Fire shall be in an appliance designed for such burning, a burn pit, or an area surrounded by noncombustible material.
3. No fires shall be allowed when winds are such as to cause a hazard to life or property.
Section 3. All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict with this ordinance are repealed.
Section 4. Any person in violation of this ordinance shall be fined not less than $25.00 and not more than $250.00.
PASSED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MARION, THE 11th DAY OF MAY, 2009.
SIGNED BY THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF MARION THE 11th DAY OF MAY, 2009.
PUBLISHED ON THE 15th DAY OF MAY, 2009.
For a complete list of codes please click here[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]