The current application period has closed. The next scheduled application period will be held in the Spring of 2020. Notice: The City of Marion, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer governed by all applicable city ordinances and Illinois Compiled Statute (ILCS) requirements.
- The City of Marion Fire and Police Merit Board performs testing for the position of Probationary Firefighter every two years.
- From the passing candidates, a registry list is maintained for a period of two years.
- Passing candidates will only be eligible to test again after the two year period or when the current list has been exhausted.
- Should an applicant unsuccessfully complete any portion of the testing, they will be eligible to take the next test.
- Hiring will be executed from the list should an opening or need arise.
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Age requirement
- Must be of good health and eye sight
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- No previous conviction of any felony, disqualifying misdemeanors, or Court-Martial (if prior military)
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Fitness Assessment:
(Note: More detailed procedures provided in application packet.)
- Timed Distance Run
- Hose Drag
- Equipment Carry
- Forcible Entry
- Confidence Course
- Ladder Climb
- Manikin Drag
- Agility Run